POOL OPERATIONS UPDATE (Updated June 2, 2020)
- The Board has communicated with various officials of the state and parish and found that according to the announcement of June 1st we will be able to open the pool under Phase 2.
- As we move closer to opening day of the pool – Friday, June 5th, the Board wanted to bring you up to date on present and future pool operations. We have learned of new criteria that was not available to us during the initial announcement on Monday.
- We now have guidance from the state and parish of what the Phase 2 opening really means to swimming pools. The opening means we can open to 50% capacity, but we must adhere to social distancing requirements on the deck space. The requirements for social distancing for pools depends on what guidelines you use, and they vary. The social distancing, we elect to use (which is the most favorable for our count) is that it requires 115 sq. for each person on the deck. Which says we can accommodate 45 on our deck space.
- It still will be mandatory that all residents sign a new Pool waiver form before using the pool for 2020. See the link below to print a list of the rules and polices for use of the pool information on instruction s on how to complete can be found in our previous email or on the web site at:
- When the pool opens on June 5, 2020, use is by reservation only. The pool will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:30 AM to 8:00 M. The gate will be locked at all times and access is granted only by the lifeguards. You will have to swipe your fob and sign-in on entering the pool. At opening, the number of the people in the pool will be limited to 45. If the reservations at any shift allows for others to enter the pool, the lifeguards will let others in the pool at that session until the count of people at the pool reaches 45.
- The pool reservation system will be available on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. To Make a reservation:
Go to Facebook page “River Oaks Swimming Pool Sign Up”
Book Now (Found in the top right corner of the Facebook Page). Follow the booking steps below:
- Click Pool Reservation (Each Resident will be allowed two reservations per day. You can do those back to back or at different times during the day. We now will have 8 reservations per session)
- Choose Day (Reminder-Pool is Closed on Monday’s)
- Choose Time
- Answer questions:
- How many do you have in your booking?
- Have you signed the waiver?
- Do you, or any member of your party currently have a cough, fever, or any other respiratory disease
- Has anyone in your party been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID
- There will be a confirmation email sent to your email.
- The bathrooms will be open, but you will have to be let back into the pool by a member of your family because the gate will be locked at all times.
- Do not move the furniture. The furniture and lounge chairs are spaced for proper social distancing.